Tuesday 26 May 2015

Need an element of fun?


photo courtesy of Tess at Magpie Tales




Psst … she’s 'ere

Who?

Her, wi’ the hat, the big bag and the brolly.

If she thinks for one minute, I’ll be skipping along the rooftops of London and singing about flying kites and stuff, she’s got another think coming.

Ah don’t be a spoilsport; it will be great fun on a Friday evening.

You know I’m scared of heights.

But she will take care of us.  She can do magic you know.

Dunno, don’t you think we’re past the babysitting stage?

We can pretend she’s our daft auntie.

A daft auntie’s voice croons from the front hall. ‘Supercalifragilistic …’

- I’m out of here!

Wait for me bruv!




9 comments:

  1. Good one.

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered how many folks would think of Miss Poppins. :-) I certainly did but couldn't make it work as nicely as you have here. Good write! This is only the second one I've seen with our Mary. Secretly I was hoping for a barrel of them. Explorations of a theme are always fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elena ... enjoyed playing with the picture and words and the adventures of the unforgettable Mary P too!

      Delete
  3. Very delightful poem

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Gillena ... glad you enjoyed the playful prose. I had fun scribbling it.

      Delete
  4. Ha ha , daft Aunties .,.. Everyones got one ..where would we be without 'em ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think they are a 'must have' for every family! I love the 'sparkle' they bring to a dull day.

      Delete
  5. I have just one word for you . . :)

    supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

    Loved the poem, Mary . . . :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.